The LNG Business Development & Key Account Manager is responsible for the identification and development of new business relationships and opportunities, for the promotion and sales of products and services manufactured by the Cryogenic Division and for ensuring long-term customer satisfaction and loyalty in their dedicated area of responsibility.
Externally, the LNG Business Development Director & Key Account Manager communicates daily with customers and prospective customers. Internally, the LNG Business Development Director & Key Account Manager will coordinate closely with all internal VRV departments and will develop close working relationships with the sales team, customer service, production planning, finance department, product management, production, service/spares and quality to ensure an optimum service towards the customer.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The LNG Business Development Director & Key Account Manager is responsible for all activities related to the development, promotion and sales of products and services manufactured by the Cryogenic Division of the VRV Group in the dedicated area of responsibility.
In doing so, the LNG Business Development Director & Key Account Manager will establish long-term relationships to develop new business to ensure long-term customer satisfaction and loyalty.
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned from time to time by the Global Sales & Marketing Director.
1. Business Development, Product Development & Marketing
- Pro-actively pursue to develop new opportunities and establish relations with potential customers that can benefit from VRV products and services
- Develop the corporate strategy around LNG, based on market research, drive product development and implement strategies for new products and services to penetrate the market.
- Prepare an annual Business Development Plan, defining yearly targets and objectives with details on volumes, trends, expected market potential, etc.
- Share insight and customer feedback with VRV management regarding key market drivers, trends and competition, to understand current, emerging needs and priorities.
- Implement business models so as to create new ventures.
- Conduct market research and reports for sales management from time to time.
- Forecast long and short-range market potential for Management analysis.
- Develop and manage marketing tools and collateral for existing and new clients.
- Provide direction, guidance to ensure alignment with the Company’s strategies.
2. Key Account Management
- Manage and consolidate strategic corporate accounts, ensure communication with the sales team to ensure effective coordination inside the Group and from affiliate to affiliate.
- Build customer relationships, ensure long-term customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Ensure all proposals and communication are in accordance with the current policy for these strategic corporate accounts.
- Serves as a lead facilitator both internally and externally regarding projects involving the Key Account.
- Develop and manage client communication tools such as the corporate website.
- Consult with the Global Sales Director when necessary.
3. Sales and Promotion
- Responsible for the sales and promotion of all the products and services commercialized by the Cryogenic Division of the VRV Group in the dedicated area of responsibility.
- Maintain regular contact with customers to respond to their needs and requirements.
- Prepare proposals, make presentations, sales contracts, follow-up, negotiate and finalize orders in accordance with the current sales policy, technical documentation and General Sales Conditions.
- Consult with the Global Sales Director when outside these conditions.
- Manage and grow existing high value customer portfolio.
- Identify and develop profitable business opportunities and establish long-term relationships.
- Possess advanced knowledge of VRV and competitive products and services and be able to effectively communicate the positioning, benefits and features with regards to the competition.
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Keep VRV Management informed of customer visits, requirements (submit meeting minutes on a regular basis).
- Maintain, manage and communicate customer’s proposal portfolio on a regular basis.
- Implement best practices in sales, initiate, implement sales strategies and work towards optimized solutions to achieve global company objectives, maximize profits and business opportunities.
- Manage order amendments as a new order with associated proposals informing on the delivery and price impact. Obtain written confirmation from the customer before proceeding.
- Plan, organize, present and participate in marketing events such trade shows and seminars.
4. Order Booking and Order Management
- Upon order reception, verify the conformity of the price, scope, delivery with the commercial proposal and the customer’s order.
- Verify the delivery date with the planning dept.
- Complete the Work Order Form (WOF) based on the order within 24 hours.
- Submit completed WOF, the commercial proposal and the customer order to the Customer Service administrator for registration and record keeping.
5. Sales Planning
- Submit an annual Action Plan detailing key objectives, strategies, actions and timelines.
- Develop and implement regional business plan focusing on strategic countries and accounts
- Manage, monitor and schedule customer meetings based on a rolling 6-month plan by highlighting the companies and people to visit.
- As per the standard formats used, submit sales forecasts used at regular intervals as requested for determining resources in manpower, raw materials, etc.
- Ensure that customer requirements are met based on commercial forecasts.
6. Accounts Receivable
- Coordinate with accounts receivable team in collecting balances, follow up with the customers as required to achieve company DSO and cash flow objectives.
7. Project Follow Up
- Maintain contact and communicate information to customer on the status of their orders in collaboration with Customer Service.
- Ensure flow of information among internal customers.
8. Customer Claims
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Forward customer complaints to Customer Service who will coordinate with necessary departments to follow up with necessary personnel for speedy and fair complaint resolution.
- Stay informed of the customer claims and eventually help coordinate follow up with the appropriate level of authority to keep the customer informed through progress reports or of a proposed solution.
- Organise business trips in line with the company policy.
- Submit business expenses at regular intervals.
- Passionate and Results Oriented: Derives satisfaction from achieving goals related to positive business results and accepts responsibility and accountability to achieve results by overcoming obstacles with ambition and energy to constantly exceed objectives.
- Customer orientation: Seeks to understand the customer’s needs, prioritize them and take action to create win-win solutions, maintain customer trust and develop partnering relationships.
- Establishes long-term relationships with customers, maintaining a high level of proximity.
- Strong and effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (verbal and written):
- Reinforces the importance of open discussion, demonstrates high levels of articulation, relationship building and the ability to federate and influence others through sound rationale.
- Team player: Works well with others, demonstrates willingness to compromise, is able to build consensus and put aside personal goals and to meet a common goal.
- Self-disciplined, proactive and trustworthy: Able to organize activities independently according to shared priorities. Deals with customers and colleagues in a trusting and open manner, supports disclosure and behave consistently.
- Analytical / Problem solving skills: Able to identify problems, anticipate obstacles and take preventive or corrective actions as required.
- Available, organized and efficient: Demonstrates great flexibility and willingness to work a flexible schedule, available to travel as required (30% to 40%) and “go the extra mile” to satisfy the customer.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- The individual should possess at least a 4-year post graduate degree with minimum 5-years proven Sales / Account Management Experience in a multinational industrial environment.
- Ability to negotiate and close deals for high value industrial equipment.
- Fluency in English, German (Italian and French would be a plus).
- Experienced in the use of a personal computer including the proficient use of spreadsheets, word processing and have a basic understanding of data bases/ERP systems.
- Knowledge of international trade (Incoterms, customs requirements, shipping).
- The ability to work successfully to tight deadlines, in an efficient and precise manner.
- Knowledge of German speaking markets would be an asset.